confused nation
gettin' famous
on the internets
since 2001
2009 print edition

Severely not blogging

It's a real travesty when I get into a good grove re: blogging all the time and then, quite suddenly, life throws the kitchen sink at me. Apparently this phenomena runs in the family. Bullet points, perhaps?

  • Moved into new house. It's great, except for the rat(s?) and broken dishwasher and dryer. Suddenly the advantages of living in an apartment complex begin to shine through. I am, however, loving the extra space and backyard and place to grill. If anyone knows how you get a landlord to do the things he says he's going to do on-time, please let me know.
  • Started taking classes at Rice again. Diffy. Homework every night eats up my free time in the worst way.
  • Still working too much. Building a blog/social networking experience for my employer. Basically the best summer job anyone has ever had, ever. And I really like how my current is turning into a career segue for some very hands-on, technology-minded marketing job down the road. I would be a lot happier if it didn't chew up my summer days.
  • 2x 2 miles/day jogging regime around the new neighborhood. There's quite a lot to see around the Richmond/Montrose area.
Something ranty will follow soon, I promise.

1 comment:

Blake said...

Hey Kyle, saw you link to your blog in a Hair Balls comment. Read the first post, and - rats?! I saw one in the carport once, but never indoors.

As for our landlord, it takes some gentle prodding...as in actual gentle prodding, with a stick.