confused nation
gettin' famous
on the internets
since 2001
2009 print edition

A bloggin' paradigm shift to give you goosebumps

I did it, kids. I removed the "share on Facebook" link from my Firefox toolbar and replaced it with a "post to blog" link. And besides buying a po-boy at Antone's before I got to work this morning, playing with my blogging tools was the highlight of a very boring, normal Tuesday.

And then I ran into this blog.

blogger beware: the goosebumps blog
[c/o Brent's Facebook Wall]

It's a cynical, systematic review of every Goosebumps book from your childhood, ever. It's fun to realize how many trashy, un-scary novella you bought back in the day. The site is hilarious on its own merit, sure, but the real fun is in the nostalgia.

What is our generation's common bond? Mass media. And there is no bastion of mass media rooted deeper in our childhood memories than the Goosebumps series-- unless you're me and you were totally into survival books like Hatchet during late elementary school. I read everything I could get my hands on back in 1996, I think, but I only actually remember reading Time magazine and JenniCam.com (which explains a lot). And yes, even a few Goosebumps.

I liked the one with the kids who turned out to be robots.

No comments: