confused nation
gettin' famous
on the internets
since 2001
2009 print edition

Festivus? Nice, niiiice.

This past weekend stands out in my mind as one of the best weekends of the semester.

  1. Simple
  2. Debauched
  3. Free of Cops
The Festivus party, of course, went off without a hitch. Started with the good ol' airing of grievances at dinner. It was us--that is, the 90's crew--sitting around smushed-together circular tables with the other daring members of Will Rice. In the middle was the glorious Festivus pole. Interestingly enough, most of the grievances came from girls complaining about guys leaving the seats down.

Louie may have given the dining staff beers to enjoy (after work).

The wait from, like, 6:30 until 10 was a painful one. It's always a bummer to get into the spirit of an occasion and then have to wait three and a half hours for the REAL party to begin. But whatever. We managed somehow and I'd contend it was the best party we've thrown all year. There was lots of random hooking up on the dance floor, lots of otherwise calm people getting crazy, and a lot of great stories. I am the great enabler! And at no point in the night did I feel depraved.

I woke up on Saturday to find that someone had kicked green paint all over the basement walkway under the 90's. You know, where the bums and bag ladies hang out. That has yet to be cleaned up.

Last night was Club Willy, an event I would have otherwise thrown out of the night's possibilities if I hadn't been so messed up for the entire night. Somehow, though, I overcame an affliction that has secretly haunted me since I got to Rice: I hate drinking at pub. Call it unjust paranoia but whenever there's a remote chance that I could be caught drinking/etc. underage, I tend to enjoy myself a little less. So I never end up drinking at Pub and thus never have a great time. Last night I drank at pub, had a great night, and I think a little part of me either died or grew a little bigger.

So I hear there's a week of classes left. Three days of actual work until I have to grab my ankles and pray that the proctologist can put my ass back together when it's all over.

No comments: